Mother’s Day is just 3 weeks away and what Mom doesn’t love flowers? We have a super easy fingerprint flower vase for you that young and old will have a great time creating!
- Block out space on the front of the vase for your lettering. Just use a #2 pencil and sketch out a rectangle where you would like your lettering. We will do the lettering later.
- Create the flowers using your thumbprints! All you have to do is paint your thumb with the color of your choice, stamp it down on the pottery piece. Repeat 5 times to create your flower. Repeat the process as many times as you like with as many color as you choose.
- If you like, also paint your thumb with a little green paint and place a few leaves randomly around the vase. Remember every flower doesn’t need a leaf.
- Using the eraser end of a pencil – dip it in paint and stamp it down in the center of your flower. Choose accent colors for each flower.
- Again using the eraser end of a pencil – dip it in the color of your choice – we used the same green as our leaves – and create a rim around the top of your vase.
- Using a black funwriter, lightly outline each of your flowers.
- Now using a black funwriter do your lettering on the front of the vase. You can sketch it out in #2 pencil ahead of time if you are unsure of your painting skills. Then just go over your pencil with the black funwriter.
- Ta! Da! You now have Flowers For Mommy! Once its fired pick up a bouquet of her favorite flowers and present to her on Mother’s Day! She’ll love you even more than she already does!