Hello! It’s Vanessa from See Vanessa Craft, back with some paint party fun. We recently hosted a joint birthday party for my 2 year old and 5 year old at As You Wish and I couldn’t have been happier with how it turned out! The staff was incredible, the kids all loved painting and everyone had a blast! Here are my tips for throwing a pottery painting party:
1. Head to As You Wish! From set up to clean up, the staff does an amazing job helping! I’ve hosted birthday parties at several venues and this was by far the most stress free experience.
2. Limit pottery choices. Part of the fun of going to As You Wish is picking out a pottery piece to paint, but it can also be overwhelming for younger children. The staff picked out around 8 pieces in my budget for the kids to pick from. Not only did it keep us on budget, it also helped the children (mostly 4-5 year olds) more easily decide on a piece.
3. Have aprons on hand. Check with your As You Wish studio, they might have aprons available for you. If not, you can get colorful aprons online or make your own to match the party! This will keep everyone’s clothes nice and clean.
4. Paint first. I recommend having the kids, especially a younger age range, paint before food and gifts. They’ll be so excited to paint that they probably won’t eat much if you bring out the food first.
5. Enlist helpers. As You Wish has a wonderful staff on hand and we had our own personal helper for the party. She took care of everything from helping set up the party to helping the kids with their paint supplies.
6. Get creative. As You Wish will completely take care of the party and all you really have to do is show up. However, if you’re like me and like to go all out, you can always bring in your own decor. I made paint can centerpieces, rice crispy paint brushes and brought in my ownruffled tablecloth and banners.
7. Relax and enjoy yourself! As You Wish is incredibly kid-friendly and the staff is so helpful. Allow the kids to get a little messy and enjoy the party!
For more details from the party, head to See Vanessa Craft.